Fancy a weekend of adventure travel films, engaging speakers, and inspiring travel ideas? Enter our competition to win tickets to the 7th annual Adventure Travel Film Festival from Friday August, 11 to Sunday August 13, 2017 in London.
In 2010, film-maker Austin Vince and travel writer Lois Pryce set up the first Adventure Travel Film Festival (ATFF) in Sherborne, Dorset in southwest England. The festival’s popularity outgrew the venue, and it moved to the grounds of Mill Hill School in north London. It continues to attract thousands of travel lovers, film and adventure seekers.
Go to our Twitter page and reply to our Pinned tweet—you’ll see it right at the top—or to our other festival tweets.
Head over to Facebook and comment on our festival post.
You can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with your contact details.
The competition closes at 11pm British Standard Time (BST) / 6pm Eastern Standard Time (EST) on Tuesday August 1, 2017.
Important: Please read the competition terms and conditions at the bottom of this page. By entering, you declare that you have read these terms and conditions, are over 18 years old, and able to attend the festival from Friday 11th to Sunday 13th August 2017.
Headlining this year is BBC presenter, adventure explorer and author Benedict Allen who’ll be discussing his recent experience in Papua New Guinea. Nick Jubber will be talking about his travels with Saharan nomads, while Sri Lankan motorcycle adventurer Dylan Wickrama talks about how he used his motorbike to power a home-made raft to circumnavigate the Darien Gap.
Films include 14 features and 13 shorts from all over the world. Highlights include Losing Sight of Shore, an incredible tale of four British women rowing across the Pacific; some will be at the festival for a live Q&A with festival director, Lois Pryce. Look out for Dug Out about two London friends who trek into the Amazon jungle, fell a tree and carve a dug-out canoe before sailing down the river. As you do…
The festival returns to Mill Hill School in 200 acres of wooded parkland on the outskirts of London, where attendees can pitch their tents or park their caravans or campervans. Outdoor workshops, photography courses, walks, foraging, bushcraft and building a zip wire all take place on-site with ‘starlight screenings’ on the Friday and Saturday night (British weather permitting).
The programme also includes live bands, Ask The Experts’ panels, outdoor sessions such as Campfire Cooking and Yoga for Travellers, paddling expeditions, how to film your adventure, travel writing, and using drones and GoPros in filmmaking.
Festival founders, Lois Pryce and Austin Vince are independent travel veterans, with a catalogue of books and films between them. Austin is one of the world’s leading adventure motorcyclists and has made several TV shows about his travels, while Lois Pryce’s books about her solo motorcycle journeys across Africa, the Americas and Iran have been published worldwide.
To find out more, visit the Adventure Travel Film Festival website where you can also buy tickets.
Tickets cost £89 per person and include entrance to all films, camping from Friday 2pm—Sunday 4pm, admission to free talks, workshops, activities, bands and campfire. Adventure.com readers can save 10 per cent on the entrance price with the code ATFF17DISC when booking. Note, this discount will not apply to meals or paying workshops.
Details: Two weekend tickets to attend The Adventure Travel Film Festival, worth £89 per person
Dates: Friday 11–Sunday 13 August 2017
Location: Mill Hill School, The Ridgeway, London NW7 1QS (this falls within the Low Emission Zone). Google map here. Nearest station: Mill Hill East underground, approx 1.5 miles away.
Inclusions: Entrance to all films, camping from Friday 2pm—Sunday 4pm, admission to free talks, workshops, activities, bands and campfire.
Exclusions: Prize does not include meals: these can be bought separately in advance. Excludes paying workshops (these can also be bought in advance or at the festival if places available), camping equipment and travel expenses.
– One entry per person.
– Closing date for entries is 11pm British Standard Time (BST) or 6pm Eastern Standard Time (EST) on Tuesday August 1, 2017.
– Entrants must be at least 18 years old.
– The prize includes: two weekend tickets to attend The Adventure Travel Film Festival in North London. The prize does not include: meals, paying workshops, camping equipment or travel expenses.
– Getting to the venue in London will be the responsibility of the winner.
– The prize is only available from 11-13 August 2017.
– The prize cannot be exchanged for a cash alternative.
– The prize cannot be sold or used by anyone other than the winner.
– The prize winner can choose who they will give the second ticket to and all of the terms and conditions here apply to that person.
– The promoter reserves the right to provide an alternative prize of similar value should the specified prize become unavailable for any reason.
– Neither the Promoter nor any other person or party associated with this promotion shall be liable for any loss or damage whatsoever suffered (including, but not limited to, indirect or consequential loss or damage) or personal injury or death suffered or sustained in connection with either participation in this promotion or with any prizes offered.
– The promoter reserves the right to cancel or amend the terms of this prize and without notice in the unlikely event of a major catastrophe, war, earthquake or any actual, anticipated or alleged breach of any applicable law or regulation or any similar event or if circumstances arise outside of its control.
– The winner will be the first correct entry drawn randomly by Adventure.com after the closing date of 11pm BST/6pm EST on Tuesday August 1, 2017.
– Attempts will be made to notify the winner using the email address provided at the time of entry.
– If the promoter, having used reasonable efforts, is unable to contact the winner, then the prize is forfeited and further draw(s) may be conducted.
– The winner may be required to take part in reasonable publicity as specified by the Promoter.
– The Promoter cannot be held liable for IT system failures or delays or loss of entries.
– The organizer reserves the right to cancel this competition, or to change any condition of this competition, without notice.
– Acceptance of these terms and conditions is a condition of entry.
– No purchase necessary.
The competition closes at 6pm Eastern Standard Time (EST) on Tuesday August 1, 2017. Please read the terms and conditions above.