The IRIS+ by 3D Robotics is a personal drone, also known as a UAV/multicopter, that offers autonomous and manual flight control.
3D Robotics announced earlier this month the launch of the 3D Robotics IRIS+, the industry’s first consumer drone with “follow me” technology. The IRIS+ system provides both hardware and software upgrades to the previous IRIS model, including new features such as self-tightening screw-on propellers, LED orientation lights, an improved power system, and lighter weight arms and legs to provide longer flight times. The IRIS+ remote controller has also been upgraded to provide the user with real-time telemetry data in the display.
The IRIS+ includes automated mission planning right out of the box, compatible with Mac, Windows, Android, and Linux. With free DroidPlanner 2 software, IRIS+ users can plan flights by simply drawing a flight path on any Android tablet or phone, which allows for hands-free flight control. Now your drone will go where you tell it to go, and it can even keep your GoPro Hero 3 pointed at the same location via a Region of Interest (ROI) waypoint throughout the entire flight. This enables fun autonomous journeys and automatically stabilized video capture that would be otherwise impossible.
Features of IRIS+
- First drone with “follow me” technology
- Automated mission planning
- Self-tightening screw-on propellers
- Improved power system and light-weight arms and legs
- 20 minute flight time/15 minute flight time with GoPro Hero 3 and gimbal
- Real time telemetry data on the remote controller display
- LED orientation lights on each arm